This course comprises a mandatory group of 4 units, from which 12 credits must be achieved, and an optional group of 4 units, from which 3 credits must be achieved. We deliver this course at Broomheath Plantatation, Stapleford, Cheshire, CH3 8HE. Courses will run with a minimum of 10 students and a maximum of 15. There are at least 117 taught hours but students should allow 150 hours to learn the skills and complete a portfolio of evidence for submission for marking.
This course is aimed at learners who:
- Are aged 16 or over.
- Have no prior knowledge of the subject.
- Are interested in progressing into the outdoor industry.
- Want a short course of no more than 150 hours that focusses on learning outdoors.
- Prefer learning through hands-on practical activities.
- Would like the opportunity to experience the world beyond the classroom as an essential part of their learning and personal development
- Health and Safety in Bushcraft (H/507/7625), 3 credits, 24 guided earning hours.
- Fire in Bushcraft (J/507/7634), 3 credits, 24 guided learning hours.
- Water in Bushcraft (M/507/7644), 2 credits, 16 guided learning hours.
- Making Bushcraft Shelters and Bedding, 4 credits, 32 guided hours.
- Wood Properties in Bushcraft (A/507/7646), 2 credits, 14 guided learning hours.
- Natural navigation (H/507/7642), 1 credit, 7 guided learning hours.
- Woodcraft Gadgets and implements (J/507/7648), 1 credit, 7 guided learning hours.
- Cordage in Bushcraft (T/507/7631), 3 credits, 24 guided learning hours.
For a student information pack please please use the contact form here and perhaps tell us a little about yourself and what you are aiming to get out of the course.