This course comprises a mandatory group of 4 units, from which 10 credits must be achieved, and an optional group of 2 units, from which 2 credits must be achieved. We deliver this course at Broomheath Plantatation, Stapleford, Cheshire, CH3 8HE. Courses will run with a minimum of 10 students and a maximum of 15. There are at least 83 taught hours but students should allow 100 hours to learn the skills and complete a portfolio of evidence for submission for marking.
This course is aimed at learners who:
- Are aged 14 or over.
- Have no prior knowledge of the subject.
- Are interested in progressing into the outdoor industry.
- Want a short course of no more than 100 learning hours that focusses on learning outdoors.
- Are unable to study for a larger qualification such as a certificate.
- Prefer learning through hands-on practical activities,
- Would like the opportunity to experience the world beyond the classroom as an essential part of their learning and personal development
- Fire in Bushcraft (H/507/7608), 1 credit, 7 guided learning hours.
- Making Bushcraft shelters and bedding (H/507/7611), 3 credits, 24 guided learning hours.
- Water in Bushcraft (M/507/7613), 2 credits, 18 guided learning hours.
- Responsible Busjcraft (Y/507/7606), 2 credits, 16 guided learning hours.
- Cordage in Bushcraft (A/507/7615), 3 credits, 24 guided learning hours.
- Wood properties in Bushcraft (F/507/7616), 2 credits, 18 guided learning hours.
For a student information pack please please use the contact form here and perhaps tell us a little about yourself and what you are aiming to get out of the course.