**** Christmas Tree Selection Finishes at 3pm on Sunday 19th November 2017 ****
Cut your own Christmas Tree.
This year we have adopted Age UK Cheshire as our charity and we will be making a donation to them for every tree sold whilst also hosting their staff and collection boxes at our selection and collection events. Please help us to help them make improvements to the lives of elderly folk in your local area.
Christmas Tree selection.
We are open on the following dates for selection of your tree
Oct 30th, 31st, Nov 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 18th and 19th.
On selection days the car park will open at 10:00 and close at 16:00 with last entry at 15:00.
Christmas Tree collection.
We are open on the following days for collection of your tree
Dec 1st - 20th unless otherwise advised.
On collection days the car park will open at 10:00 and close at 16:00 with last entry at 15:30.
This year’s tree prices.
A 5ft – 6ft tree will cost £25.00 to be collected, £30.00 to be delivered in zone 1 and £35.00 to be delivered in zone 2.
A 6ft – 7ft tree will cost £30.00 to be collected, £35.00 to be delivered in zone 1 and £40.00 to be delivered in zone 2.
A 7ft – 8ft tree will cost £35.00 to be collected, £40.00 to be delivered in zone 1 and £45.00 to be delivered in zone 2.
A 8ft – 9ft tree will cost £40.00 to be collected, £45.00 to be delivered in zone 1 and £50.00 to be delivered in zone 2.
A 9ft – 10ft tree will cost £45.00 to be collected, £50.00 to be delivered in zone 1 and £55.00 to be delivered in zone 2.
A 10ft – 11ft tree will cost £50.00 to be collected, £55.00 to be delivered in zone 1 and £60.00 to be delivered in zone 2.
A 11ft – 12ft tree will cost £55.00 to be collected, £60.00 to be delivered in zone 1 and £65.00 to be delivered in zone 2.
A 12ft – 15ft tree will cost £60.00 to be collected, £65.00 to be delivered in zone 1 and £70.00 to be delivered in zone 2.
Trees bigger than 15ft will be discussed with the site manager.
Deliveries will be available but have been decoupled from the selection process to make it quicker for those who are choosing and intend to collect. there will be a separate office for those who wish to book deliveries and unfortunately it will still not be the swiftest of processes since each tree will need to be row corrected as required, secured, measured, priced and paid for before you leave. Please remember that the plantation is 20 acres and it takes as long as it takes for staff to walk between trees.
Available delivery dates are: Dec 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd but there are only a finite number of slots per day and once they are gone they are gone, we can't just squeeze another one in.
The selection process.
- Walk through the trees until you find one you like.
- Find the way to the end of the row you are in. All Christmas Trees are planted in straight rows. If there isn't a row marker, it is at the other end. Please do not use the marker across a path and expect us to ever find your tree for securing.
- Come back to the office and give us your row number and details and we will give you a red tag to tie to your tree at a height we can find it. Please do not hide the red tags from us. We can't secure your tree if we can't find it. Hospital wrist tags do not blow off in the wind if they are attached correctly. There will be a demo tree at the office.
- If you are selecting for collection you are done and we will see you again on collection days when your tree will have been measured and priced for you. You cut it and take it to the netting crew yourself. We are able to take cash or cards.
- Delivery customers will now fall into the date selection, measuring, pricing process. This is not a quick process. You choose an available delivery slot and then we go back to your tree to secure it, measure it and price it and then payment can be taken. We take cash or cards.
- No dogs will be allowed in the plantation.
- The toilets in the plantation are not for use during Christmas Tree selection and collection. They are not designed to deal with the throughput of people at these times and are not serviced daily.
- No chainsaws will be allowed in the plantation.
- The postcodes stored on the computer for deliveries have been put there by us. If your postcode is not available for delivery it is not the computer saying no, it is the delivery team and their decision is final except in the rare case of brand new developments where the postcode is not in the Royal Mail gazeteer. If your neighbour or nearby friend has a delivery postcode and you don't, then consider having it delivered to them rather than engaging us in a heated discussion about where we have drawn our lines.
- The 15:00 last entry will be strictly enforced on selection dates. Most trees selected in the dark were exchanged upon collection and this causes mayhem for staff and other customers.
- The 15:30 last entry will be strictly enforced on collection dates. Most people cant find a red tag in a sea of green in the dark without exceptional head lights. Phone torches never quite cut it.
- The delivery booking process has been decoupled from those who want to simply choose a tree and a second office has been created for deliveries, allowing those who want to choose for collection a much faster experience. The delivery booking process is slow and labour intensive and in the event of challenging circumstances delivery booking will be suspended in favour of customers who want to choose for collection.
- There is no point choosing a tree for collection and then ringing the office and asking for delivery at a later date. All delivery decisions are referred back to the plantation staff and if there is no space, there remains no space.